Granite, marble and stone surface countertops are an investment that will give you a lifetime of beautiful service. Properly protecting these surfaces will ensure your stone looks beautiful for many years to come. Here are a few simple steps for keeping your stone surface countertops shiny and clean.
- Immediately blot up spills, before they penetrate or dry onto the surface
- Clean marble or granite with a specially formulated cleaning spray, or just warm water and gentle dish soap, using a non-abraisive cloth. Cleaning regularly will prolong the life of your countertops.
- Avoid alkaline or acidic solutions to clean granite, as they can mar and dull the seal. Use only neutral pH products. Always buff and dry granite after cleaning.
- Acids can etch or dull stone surfaces. Wipe up acidic or alcoholic beverage spills quickly and use coasters under glasses.
- Dust and soil may deposit a hazy film onto the surface. To keep the surface clear and shiny, clean the surface and polish regularly with quality stone care product, like GranQuartz Stone Polish.
- Avoid ammonia-based cleaners like glass cleaner, abrasive powders, soapy detergents and high pH solutions that can dull and damage the surface
- For an additional layer of protection. consider adding a sealant like GranQuartz Stone Sealer. You will want to reseal when water droplets no longer bead on the surface, about every 6 months to one year, depending on much use the surface gets.
- Contact your stone care professional if you find cracks, deep stains or signs of erosion.
Prestige Marble and Granite offers an array of designer marble and granite suitable for countertops, as well as a full line of quality stone care products. Our knowledgeable staff is here to guide you in the maintenance of your new countertops. We welcome your questions anytime!